We’re well into December, the Holidays just around the corner, a fresh new year merely weeks away. A cross-Atlantic trip tends to do that to me…discombobulate. I lose track of time and simply let the last few weeks of 2017 wash over me. I’ve rounded up my December IT list and it’s really just a bit of a dream Christmas list for myself. Some, I’ve treated myself to, others I’m saving for and some are just so impractical that’s what makes them special. I promise to get to putting a Holiday shopping guide sooner than later, perhaps before the holidays are over? Don’t hate me. I’m still in a Parisian daze; a fromage and wine coma with images of Dior and Frenchmen swirling in my mind. *Le sigh
1. The New Years Eve Dress: I stumbled on this dress on Instagram and loved it’s cheeky, ethereal mood. The embroidered stars and moon on layers of tulle beckons to be worn on a night where we ring in a fresh, and hopeful new year. While I don’t have plans yet, I’ll wear this either way- it’s quite magical! And for H&M prices, it’s a fun addition to your wardrobe!
2. The Graphic Sweatshirt: I’ve been on quite the sweatshirt kick these days. see here and here. Combine that with my recent trip to Paris and well, this sweatshirt became an instant must-have. I love the design, and feels like something I could wear lounging around the house or unexpectedly dressing up and outfit with heels!
3. The (shiny) Stocking Stuffer: I’ve been a long time fan of Dannijo, ever since I bought their amazing ear cuff. These earrings are the perfect bling to add to any outfit. They are the ideal size, read, not overpowering but also not small where they will go unnoticed. Made with Swarovski crystal and made in NY, these honestly are the perfect stocking stuffer. Now, 15% off with code DJHOLIDAY17.
4. The Holiday Scent: Maison Margiela. Need I say more? Adding to my perfume family with the Replica collection, Jazz Club in specific. Took a whiff of this intoxicating scent while visiting Colette in Paris and I was immediately sold. It was unique, slightly unexpected. And I quote, meant to evoke the “cozy atmosphere of a private club”. K, bye.
5. The Pajama Set: I’ve always wanted to splurge on a ridiculously over-priced pajama set. Don’t ask why, I’m a sucker for getting into a matching set of ultra luxe material, into my freshly turned down bed, with a good book before 10 pm. A girl can dream, right? About sleep that is. Hoping that if my pajamas are fabulous enough, I’ll treat myself to the 8 hours I so desperately need!
6. The Coffee Table Book: One of my absolute favorite things to gift, receive or simply purchase for myself is a coffee table book. Not to mention, anything published by Assouline should immediately receive the stamp of approval. I happen to love this book on Ibiza. I tend to open it on an especially cold night, and daydream of warm, uninterrupted days by the sea, living out my hippie-chic lifestyle of my alter ego. In the meantime, it looks fabulous on any coffee table. You’ll love it, promise!
7. The Over-scale Wall Art: I’ve really been on an art kick, lately. Most of it, profiles of women, some oil paintings, others, giclee prints…but really anything that speaks to me. When I saw this over-sized piece, I practically clicked ‘purchase’ immediately. My walls are begging for this stunning silhouette to be hung. Soft, sexy, ethereal, mysterious…it evokes all these emotions and more.
8. The Belt Everyone Wants: I don’t tend to fall into trends too often, but I really would love to buy this Gucci belt. I’ve convinced myself that my love for Gucci is no new obsession, I have pieces I’ve purchased and worn for years. So, while this belt may be “trendy” at the moment, it truly is a timeless piece.
9. The Dewy Skin Secret: I’ve tested plenty of beauty products on the market and the Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin mist is still my favorite for hydrating and giving that dewy look without the shine! It’s at a great price point, smells divine and the results are so visible, this will become your new obsession!
10. The Unexpected Colored Boot: Sock boots, they’re here to stay and in a big way. Now, you’re thinking…orange? Really? But this is a really good orange. The perfect compliment to neutrals, browns, blacks and even navy. Basically, all the colors. It’s unexpected, even for me, but I think it works. I kind of love them!